About the LAIC
The Lake Area Improvement Corporation (LAIC), incorporated in 1975, is a nonprofit economic development organization dedicated to the growth and prosperity of Madison and the communities that reside within Lake County, South Dakota.
Economic development provides opportunities to expand and relocate companies into the greater Madison area. The LAIC strives to create an economic atmosphere for both local and regional businesses.
The LAIC is a one-stop resource for businesses seeking to grow in Lake County. The LAIC will provide workforce, building, land and tax information that will satisfy the economic needs of growing companies. Lake County is fueled by a diversified, technology-driven economy. The economic development office has positioned itself to achieve sustained economic prosperity.
The region provides a wide range of recreational venues including four independent lakes, two state parks, a strong art and historical presence and an incredible quality of life.
The economic development office represents the Lake County communities of Madison, Chester, Franklin, Junius, Nunda, Orland, Ramona, Rutland and Wentworth.
If you are interested in growing your company, look to the Lake Area Improvement Corporation. Discover the Unexpected in Madison and Lake County.
To enhance the quality of life for all citizens of the Lake County area and to facilitate the development and retention of quality jobs that are environmentally and economically compatible for Lake County. The LAIC, in cooperation with other organizations, initiates and develops leadership, markets the area to both prospective new business and residents, fosters and manages change, and nurtures a positive, cooperative and progressive attitude.
2017 Board of Directors
- President: Paul Schultz - Farmers & Merchants Co-op
- President-Elect: Mike Malone - Heartland Consumers Power District
- Vice President: DeLon Mork - Dairy Queen
- Secretary/Treasurer: Floyd Rummel - Great Western Bank
- Past President: Jeff Bloom - Lake County International
- Mark Stoller - Madison Farmers Elevator
- Linda Salmonson - East River Electric Power Coop
- Dustin Williams - Manitou Group
- Dr. Mike Brooke - Eyecare Center of Madison
- Terry Schultz - Mustang Seeds
- Dan Roemen - Sunshine Foods
- Dr. Jose-Marie Griffiths - Dakota State University
- Mayor Roy Lindsay - City of Madison
- Dennis Slaughter - Lake County Commissioner
- Julie Gross, Executive Director
- Kari Blom, Administrative Assistant